Speedcast 16- V8 Supercars
V8 Supercar driver Mark “Frosty” Winterbottom visits Circuit of the Americas.
- Mark compares Texans to Aussies culturally.
- Discussed Aussie’s love of American muscle-cars.
- Loved the track.
V8 Supercar comparison to NASCAR.
V8 Supercars use Ford and Holden (GM) cars.
Circuit of the Americas updates:
- Lots of progress on the buildings, people trucks and equipment everywhere.
- 3rd Shift of workers started again.
- Brown signs hit the highways showing COTA exits.
- Edgar Ferrara with COTA to speak at SXSW in October on environmental issues.
Ride in a Formula one car during F1 week! The 3 seat F1 car is coming to Austin.
Austin to get a new International Airport terminal?
Austin mayor and other officials headed to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix.
Austin city council rejects building a temporary facility for international #F1 flights.
In-N-Out Burger to Central Texas.
Jonathan Green to work with Speed City. He will be a regular on the ESPN show and calling in from wherever he is in the world. From www.greeninc.com:
Jonathan Green is one of the world’s leading motor sports broadcasters with more than 20 years at the sharp end of the sport as producer, presenter, reporter and commentator and is one of a handful in his field that he covers both two and four wheel motor sport from Formula One to Moto GP and World Superbikes.