Speedcast 22 – 08-21-12
88 days till the F1 race!
Jonathan spotted F1 magazine on the racks at the Austin airport. We have arrived.
Circuit of The Americas entering final stage of ticket sales for 2012 FORMULA 1 “We’ve exceeded our targets for the first year of what will be a multi-year PSL sales campaign,” Circuit Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer Geoff Moore said. “We have a limited amount of premium seating in some of PSL areas that we can make available this year. LINK
Circuit of the Americas seeking incentives for solar-power generation. ”As part of our overall sustainability strategy, we’re looking pretty hard at having some on-site solar,” said sustainability director at COTA Edgar Farrera LINK
Sprint Cup: Mark Martins strange crash. LINK
Nationwide Series: Montreal
- Villeneuve denied home win. When Villeneuve’s car appeared to stutter after the white flag, Justin Allgaier took his chance to bump the #22 out of the way and to drive away with the race win, leaving a seething Villeneuve LINK
- Danica Patrick gets the boot. She led 20 laps in the race but quickly fell out of contention after the shoe went under her car and broke her No. 7 Chevrolet’s rear axle. LINK
MotoGP at indianapolis this past Sunday.
- Wow how many racers crashed during practice & qualifying?
- Ben Spies was looking good until POOF white smoke galore.
- Race got pretty predictable after that
- Lots of complaints about the surface of the infield at Indy. Some believe that it is contributing to the high-side accidents and injuries.
Nicky Hayden to miss Brno LINK
Indycar will return to Texas Motor Speedway in 2013 LINK
But could Austin be on the list of Indy Desires
There is a movement to make the car owners own the Indy Car series.