Speedcast 26 – F1 week ROCKS!
- Lots of details on the events happening during race week.
- Formula 1 in Singapore
- Major news in V8 Supercars that will affect Austin
- Indycar season wrap
- Jonathan Green reports on his way to Portugal
- NHRA in Dallas this weekend.
Fanfest officially announced for race week. It will have interactive exhibits and games, including displays by a number of F1 teams, music and food and three major concerts downtown. LINK
Steven Tyler buys worlds fastest convertible. Hennessey Venom GT Spyder
COTAs official after party is announced. Tickets on sale now.
COTA parking passes still available. LINK
NEXT RACE, this Sunday the Singapore Grand Prix. LINK
- It is a night race.
- Singapore has a reputation for being the toughest and longest on the calendar, with high ambient and track temperatures and humidity, even though it’s a night race.
- Singapore track is the third and final true street circuit of the year, following on from Monaco and Valencia, and runs in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Late-race tire wear will likely be a factor again with high temperatures. Traction is critical here, with the second-highest number of corners (23) seen all year. The asphalt is bumpy and slippery, and grip is further compromised by manhole covers and painted white lines.
- One factor that could certainly come into play is safety cars: during every single Singapore Grand Prix that has been held so far since 2008 the safety car has come out at some point.
At Red Bull there will be anxiety over alternator performance. Sebastian Vettel and Lotus’ similarly Renault-powered Romain Grosjean were halted at Valencia earlier this year, and the problem returned on Vettel’s Red Bull at Monza. LINK
Hamilton remains surrounded by speculation about his future, whether he will re-sign for McLaren or switch to Mercedes.
Jenson Button’s retirement from Monza was caused by a fuel pump issue. LINK
First Nissan and now Mercedes is coming to V8 Supercars! In addition to Holden and Ford. Chrysler is rumoured to join as well. LINK
The 2012 eni FIM Superbike World Championship title battle is virtually whittled down to three names heading into Portugal. Max Biaggi and Marco Melandri, two of the most famous riders in world motorcycle racing, will be fighting it out on Sunday together with the revelation of the year, the 26-year-old Tom Sykes from the UK. LINK
NASCAR Chase standings LINK
Alexis DeJoria and the Kalitta Motorsports Tequila Patrόn Toyota Camry Funny Car team compete this weekend at the 27th Annual AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals at Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas, September 21st-23rd. Funny Car qualifying begins at 3PM on Friday.