Speedcast 40 Tony Cochrane
- Austin to host Formula One in Schools World Finals
- Grand-Am Schedule released
- Interview w/Tony Cochrane on V8 Supercars in May.
- COTA gets rave reviews from enthusiasts at the Drivers Edge Event
- MotoGP, Formula 1 news and more
- Camaro story LINK
Austin to host Formula One in Schools World Finals event (high-tech CO2 powered pinewood derby) LINK
A few lucky gear-heads got to drive their cars at Circuit of The Americas this past weekend. Texas Based Driving Event the Drivers Edge hosted a track day at COTA. www.TheDriversedge.net
Here is a quote from their Facebook page:
“Wow, what an amazing weekend!!! The facility, staff, and track were nothing short of amazing! Getting to be the first HPDE allowed to rent the facility was a huge honor and responsibility that all of our drivers stepped up to. We are still smiling in the afterglow of the weekend and will be for a while.”
- Gustavo Hellmund passed away of cancer on 1/15/2013
- Gustavo a longtime friend of Bernie, was the organizer/promoter of the Mexico City GP in the 80’s. There are strong rumors that Tavo will soon resurrect that event.
We interview Tony Cochrane on V8 Supercars coming to Circuit of the Americas in May. LINK
Honda’s MotoGP team will test at Circuit of the Americas March 12-14 (Tues-Thur). LINK
Ben Spies excited to join Ducati family (crash.net)
Ducati wont ditch Desmodronic system (crash.net)
We put up the next two videos in our Revolutions of Racing series about the building of a Superbike. LINK
Grand Am schedule released. Practice starts at 8am Friday and runs until Saturday night when the concert starts at 6pm. LINK
LOCAL Car/Motorcycle stuff
Cars and Coffee a big success at the new location.
- Tesla Model S Performance Dyno run in Austin – 386HP